Last updated: 1 June 2017
1. Protecting your privacy
The South East Community Forum (“our”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. Set out below is our policy for protecting and managing the personal information we collect from you.
2. Your personal information
Personal information held by the South East Community Forum may include your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account or credit card details (if purchasing a product or service from us), occupation, a South East Community Forum username or password (if applicable) and the details of your social media accounts. We also hold details of South East Community Forum products and services you have acquired, as well as certain details about your personal interests.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your email address), we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you have requested, or the levels of service on which we pride ourselves.
3. How we collect personal information
The South East Community Forum collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone, mail or email, or when you submit your personal details in a form on one of South East Community Forum’s websites;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from social media;
- from the organizations identified below under “When we disclose your personal information”;
- from records of how you use your South East Community Forum products or services;
- from third-party Analytics Services such as Google Analytics; or
- when legally required to do so.
4. How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- verify your identity;
- provide the products or services you have requested;
- submit petitions to organisations, Councils, State and Federal Government;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the products or services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop South East Community Forum’s products and services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for the South East Community Forum to provide you with a better service;
- maintain and develop South East Community Forum’s business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading these systems; and
- to promote and market our services to you (including by way of email, direct mail, telemarketing, or other means).
South East Community Forum will only send you marketing and promotional material sent via email if you have elected to receive it (i.e. opt-in) or if it is provided in response to your request. You can opt out of receiving emails from us at any time. However, if you do so, we may not be able to supply or continue to supply you with the products or services you have requested from us.
5. When we disclose your personal information
South East Community Forum will not sell, rent or disclose your personal information except where:
(a) it is necessary for us to provide our products and services to you – for example, where we need to disclose your personal information to organizations outside of South East Community Forum in order for them to carry out South East Community Forum’s:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services;
- market research; and
- website and app usage analysis.
South East Community Forum takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations aimed at protecting your personal information.
(b) you have authorized South East Community Forum to disclose your personal information to your authorized representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
(c) to any of the following:
(i) credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
(ii) credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
(iii) South East Community Forum’s related companies (if any);
(iv) South East Community Forum’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
(v) government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law; and
(vi) organizations who manage South East Community Forum’s business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing South East Community Forum’s corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitization).
6. South East Community Forum’s websites
The South East Community Forum provides products and services via its various websites. When you visit our sites, our web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our websites and monitor their performance.
We may use “cookies” on our websites to help remember your preferences, and assist us to improve your experience of our websites. A cookie is a small text file that our websites may place on your computer. These are an industry standard and most major websites use them.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. South East Community Forum extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our websites or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer.
The South East Community Forum also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the Internet to uniquely identify them within the global Internet network. South East Community Forum collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing Internet session management and for security purposes.
7. Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
South East Community Forum takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To help us do this you need to:
- let South East Community Forum know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep South East Community Forum up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
8. You can access your personal information
You may access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. For security reasons, you need to put your request in writing. You can either send it to us by mail, or email it to us.
South East Community Forum reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
9. How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us.